What the Big Box stores do not want you to know
- Big Box stores experience significant staff turn-over. Because of this, their designers are typically inexperienced. Inexperience in cabinetry design and project management will result in lackluster designs, mistakes, and delays for your kitchen remodel in Denver.
- Beware of the “Big Box” stores.
Service isn’t their top priority. Take your turn waiting every time you visit aw Big Box store for your cabinets in Denver. While they say low prices in their advertising, the reality is that the Big Boxes are more expensive than a company like Timberline.
- The Local Custom Cabinet maker is cheaper. Local custom cabinet shops do not have the capital to invest in the multi-million dollar state-of-the-art finishing systems that are utilized by regional and national cabinet manufacturers. The local custom shop’s low-tech finishing process increases the risk of cabinets yellowing, peeling, wearing or displaying other defects prematurely. The other problem is the wood is not as premium. They will use the best type of wood for the job. The national cabinet makers do premium wood grain matching. Also, will your local guy be around or able to service your warranty in a couple of years?
- Big Box store carry a few select sizes they call them stock sizes. We provide custom cabinets in whatever size you want, to fit the space you have at no additional cost. The other guys use filler to make up the difference.
- Our products are fully assembled at the factory. We do not carry inferior grade material with a nice door, unlike many Big Boxes that will use particle board and a nicer door. We can do plywood box construction, offering much greater strength, with premium doors at or about the same price as their products .
- Are you comfortable providing a sizeable deposit to this company?
Due to the custom nature of every cabinetry order, it is not unusual to pay an up front deposit of 50% to 100% of the project price. Make sure the company you work with is stable and has been around for several years.
- Big Boxes and several Kitchen and Bath remodeling companies in Denver do not do the actual install of the cabinets. They provide a recommended contractor list. Are you comfortable with this, if something goes wrong with the install or cabinet do you want to be in between these companies? When you buy your cabinets from us you are dealing with one point of contact for everything. We do the design, install, and ordering. If anything should go wrong, we guarantee to make it right at no cost to you.
- Showroom floor and design capability.
Does your Denver cabinet provider have a showroom that displays all types of products and does there showroom look like something you would like to see in your home? At Timberline we have quality products from national manufacturers and experienced designers to assist you with your kitchen remodel. Experienced designers provide you with the additional factor needed for a unique design.
- Warranty on all their work and products. If the work is not guaranteed and you do not get a 5 to 10 year warranty on the products, what can you do if something goes wrong? Going to court is no fun and there is no guarantee. Make sure you hire someone like Timberline who has been in business for over 30 years. We guarantee to make any issue you have right!